Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Be Patriotic

In honor of the Fourth of July (one of my favorite holidays) being yesterday, I have for you my favorite red, white and blue products. There are so many things I love about July...the intense heat, the season, having barbeque's and going to the beach...why not celebrate the Fourth of July all through the wonderful month of July?!

Red:

There's nothing better than a fabulous shade of true red lipstick...while there are many out there one that has been worn by celebs and looks awesome on is
MAC's Russian Red. Remember to line your lips (I prefer to use a neutral color) so that your rockin red lipstick doesn't go anywhere!

Pair that lipstick with these adorable
red shoes...I definitely can't resist red pumps.



White:

When it comes to white what else can I talk about but my Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream?! I'm such a fan of Kiehl's. This face cream is light enough for daytime use, but rich enough for night time...I really couldn't live without it!

Once you've applied your moisturizer and fabulous makeup you are going to need some amazing accessories. When it comes to accessories there are two items I am obsessed with...scarves and watches. I got my white Michael Kors watch a couple of years ago and it is still one of my favorites. Whether you choose a bulky watch (like mine) or a thin band,
Michael Kors, Fossil, or ToyWatch a white watch during the summer is a must. You can pair it with a casual sporty look to dress your outfit up, or wear it with the perfect summer dress for night time.



Blue:

Blue nail polish, whether dark like
OPI's Russian Navy, or light like Essie's barbados blue can be so fun during the summer. If you feel a little silly with it on your fingernails just use it on your toes...remember with dark colors or fun colors like blue sport it on shorter nails.




What would go better with blue nails than a fabulous pair of blue jeans...since jeans are another obsession here are some of my favorite brands that you should check out the next time you are at the department store or at your favorite boutique: Paige Premium Denim, J Brand, True Religion, Easy Money Jeans, Hudson and Miss Me....yes I do love jeans!

Happy Fourth of July, and happy summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment