Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Read About It

I'm going to assume that all of you are readers since you are reading my blog and probably others. Here are a few of my favorite makeup books with awesome looks and practical tips...if you want to know more about makeup- more than you read in blogs and magazines-get a book by a great artist and you'll be suprised at how much you learn and are inspired.

Kevyn Aucoin's Making Faces
This was my second makeup book (Bobbi Brown Teenage Beauty being my first). It was the makeup book that made me want to BE a makeup artist...what is there to say about Kevyn Aucoin's work other than amazing. I would have loved to have met him and worked with him
.



Carmindy's Crazy Busy Beautiful
This is a recent purchase that I'm enjoying. It is full of tips which makes it an quick read and the tips are easy to apply to your life whether you wear little or a lot of makeup.




Paul Starr On Beauty

Paul Starr was a fantastic artist who had a way of making each face look flawless. This book includes different makeup looks and interviews with thirty celebrities
.



Asian Beauty by Margaret Kimura
I had the privilege to meet Margaret Kimura a few years ago. She is a wonderful person and makeup artist, this book
does not just cover outer beauty but also inner. She has a makeup school in Hollywood, MKC Beauty Academy.



I could go on and on about makeup books, but I'll save more for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment