Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Prime Your Armani Foundation

I've always been a huge fan of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and will continue using it with my Make Up For Ever foundation when I do makeup for events. On myself I've always used Armani foundation...well, not always, just since I worked there in 2006. If you've read my blog for more than a minute you know one of my favorite brands is Giorgio Armani. The reason I don't use their foundation when I do event makeup is because it can shift and isn't waterproof. Make Up For Ever is hard to beat when it comes to longwear.

Well, on my last trip to Dallas I stopped by Neiman Marcus to purchase Luminous Silk Foundation in #4 (my winter color which is the time of the year I embrace my Snow White complex). They were having a special where I could get my foundation, a new blender brush and the foundation primer (Fluid Master Primer) along with a couple of samples for $125 (it was a $190 value). I know that is a lot of money for makeup, but it was a steal for Armani since their foundation alone runs around $60. I indulged knowing that sets and good deals like that are hard to come by at the Armani counter.

Can I just say I am SO pleased with my purchase! The way to wear Luminous Silk Foundation is with Fluid Master Primer! My makeup is sitting better on my face and lasting longer. So, I realize not all of you wear Armani makeup, but for those of you who do start using their primer if you don't already. If you click on the Neiman Marcus link you can go to the exact set I purchased. And for the rest of you, find a primer that works for you...Smashbox, Laura Mercier, MAC and many other lines offer them. They can do everything from change your skin coloring to balance your skin from oily to normal or simply make your makeup last longer....all of those sound good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment