Sunday, February 12, 2012

2012 Grammy Makeup I'm Loving

While I'm enjoying the performances and fashion of the Grammys what I'm loving the most is the makeup! Here are a few of my favorites....

Taylor Swift's subtle look- usually she rocks a dramatic cat eye, and tonight she has softer eyes with pretty pink blush. I'm loving this look and it is something that makes her eyes stand out more than her eye makeup...try this look at home with light brown shadows and black pencil eyeliner. Don't forget your powder blush...check out one of my favorite color lines Nars for the perfect color.

Rihanna's almost black lips and blonde waves- the last time I posted about Rihanna was after her MTV Video Music Award performance and she had red hair with red lips. Tonight she is making an equally bold statement, and it looks just as great! For beachy waves like her's use Fekkai Beach Waves. Spritz this on wet hair, let it air dry or use a diffuser. You may want to add a few curls to your top layer with a straightener or curling iron...spray and go! And for plum, almost black lips visit MAC...I love thier lipsticks, and remember, being extra dramatic is a good thing sometimes!

Adele's smokey eyes- What's not to love, she has big almond shaped eyes that are perfectly made up in gray smokey shades...the key to a fabulous look is being sure to highlight the inner corners of your eyes and using a gel or liquid liner and lots of mascara. Create a cattier look by thickining your liner on the ends and bringing it to a point. With smokey eyes a soft pink or nude lip looks perfect.

Lady Antebellum's Hillary looking fabulous in plum. Brunettes always look amazing in plums, she had a perfect plum smokey eye going on with plum nails. Her super straight hair added to the look. For straight hair you'll love use a Chi, or my current favorite straightener HAI.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Adele's makeup too! My other favorite was Jennifer Hudson...oh and Carrie Underwood, but when does she NOT look amazing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I almost added Carrie Underwood, but she always looks great and I've talked about her makeup before :) Jennifer Hudson was fabulous, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete