Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Find Fabulous Fakes

Fake what? Lashes! I love what fake, or false lashes do to people's eye makeup for events and pictures. I use false lashes on 90% of my brides and about 95% of my clients when I do their makeup for events. Here are a few tips when purchasing and using false eyelashes so that you can have fabulous results!

What brand to buy:
My favorite is Ardell, it can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply and Ulta. These lashes are also sold in the pro makeup stores I shop at in LA like Nigel Beauty Emporium and Frends Beauty Supply (so they are what makeup artists use most often). They are affordable and look great.

If you want to invest more money go to MAC or Shu Umuera.

What glue to use:
Either Duo or Lash Grip, always go with the dark tone, it will dry and look like black eyeliner. Both of these are waterproof which means if you cry they will stay on.

How to apply:
After you have applyed eyeshadow, curled your lashes and put on one coat of mascara it is time for lashes!
First lay the lash on your lashline (without glue) to see how much you should trim off the ends. Some people will not need to trim the ends (outer sides) of the lashes, other people with smaller eyes will need to. This will help the lash better fit your eye shape.
Next apply a thin line of glue to the lashline. Let it sit about 10 seconds before applying it to your lashline so it can get tacky (this will help it stick on easier). I have found that when applying lashes to myself it is easier to look down into a mirror that is laying flat on my counter rather than looking into a mirror on the wall.
After applying both lashes go over your lashline with a liquid liner, gel liner, or cake liner to create a clean line so that your eye makeup looks finished. Then apply a little bit of mascara to the ends of the fake lashes to blend them with your own...you are ready to go!

How to Remove:
Simply peel off the false lashes when you are ready to remove them. They really only last a day or evening, I have a few clients who have worn them 2 days...it's up to you. Once you remove, eye makeup remover will take off the glue that is left over.

You can usually reuse lashes 1 or 2 more times after you have worn them once.

*Most popular Ardell lashes in my kit: #109, #124, #110







Happy blinking and winking!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE fake lashes!! They make me feel so glamorous! :)

    ReplyDelete