Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Use an Eye Cream

If you are reading this blog then you need to be using an eye cream. I started using an eye cream at age 21 and as far as I'm concerned I should have started at 20...the skin around your eyes is thinner and dryer than the rest of the skin on your face. There is more wear and tear around the eyes, just think about when you tug on your eyes to apply eye makeup or remove it, or when you just rub your eyes because you are sleepy.

Using an eye cream keeps this delicate area hydrated. By using an eye cream at a young age you will be preventing wrinkles. As you get older and see fine lines and wrinkles you can switch to a more intense cream that will reduce the appearance of those lines. No matter what your age you need an eye cream. I promise once you get in the habit of using one you'll be hooked. Here are a few great options that will moisturize (I use eye cream at night year round, but in these extra cold months I apply it in the morning as well.)

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream (this was my first eye cream to use)

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado (my current favorite)

Dermalogica Total Eye Care (great skin care line, can be bought at Sephora and some department stores)

When applying you only need a pea size amount, use your ring fingers to lightly apply the eye cream around your eyes. Start under the eyes and go around to the inner part of your eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment