Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Layer for a New Look

Do you want to change your lip color without purchasing a new product, or change the tone of your blush without owning three or four....then layer it up!

Layering lip colors is something I've done since probably middle school, mostly because I was always buying makeup and even if I didn't love the lipstick I ended up with I was determined to wear it, so I'd layer colors on top. If you want your red or pink lipstick to be a little deeper apply a bronze or golden gloss or lipstick on top of your lip color.

Blush is another fun thing to change up. As we move into warmer temperatures if you want your pink blush to have a more peach tone then sweep your bronzer on top of the pink. You will end up with a golden pink rather than just a sweet pink (which I love too).

So, get creative with the colors that are already in your drawer and experiment with colors that may not be your favorite alone, but paired with something else can be the perfect combination!

1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to comment on this for awhile! Great tip! I have SO much makeup that I'm trying to work my way through. This has been a fresh way to toss it up. Thanks for the tip! xoxo

    ReplyDelete