Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Tip: Use Art Brushes

My favorite eyeliner brushes to use with gel, cake or liquid eyeliner are from Michael's, the craft store...crazy, right?! I buy packs of very thin brushes to use when applying eyeliner. The brushes that were sold for gel liner or cake liner at counters were too thick to me, but art brushes are sold in all sizes. While I'm not going to use art brushes for all of my brushes (and I don't recommend that you do either), there are times like with eyeliner, some eye shadows and even lip liner that they come in handy! Not only are they just what is needed sometimes, but they are also a lot cheaper than "makeup" brushes. Oh, and just in case you are wondering, I'm not the only makeup artist who does this....I learned this secret from makeup artist friends...I guess the secret is out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment